One of the things I dislike most about winter is the cold dry air. When the humidity drops, I tend to notice a definite dryness to my skin that is due to the winter air. That is why I am so excited to share a new discovery that I am using this winter (and actually I am using Emu Oil Year-Round now) that really combats my dryness!
It is called EMU OIL and as the name implies, it comes from the EMU bird, which is closely related to the ostrich. I came across this wonderful oil during my research.
I started using the oil on top of my night creams and serums before bedtime, and I really noticed a soft moisturized complexion in the morning. I love that it is very inexpensive, and I decided to research a little more about why the EMU oil is so fantastic for the skin and this what I learned:
1. Emu Oil has been used for thousands of years by the Aborigines people of Australia to combat skin issues of the dry desert climate.
2. Emu Oil has high levels of Essential Fatty Acids, such as Linoleic Acid, which are very healing to the skin. It is anti-inflammatory and aids with a wide variety of skin disorders, such as Eczema.
3. It fights aging and wrinkles in three ways. First, it is extremely moisturizing and keeps the skin supple when applied. Secondly, it fights aging because it has trans-dermal qualities. This means that it is able to penetrate to the deep layer of the dermis where collagen and elastin are found. Even more exciting is the fact that if it is put on top of creams and serums, it helps to push those ingredients down to the dermis where real changes can happen in the skin. Finally, it has been proven to help thicken the skin when used regularly (aging skin is thin skin)!
4. It can be used in the hair as a softening and smoothing agent.
5. It is great for rubbing into sore muscles and arthritic joints to relieve pain.
6. It helps with acne, scars, stretch marks, burns and scrapes!
I am in love with Emu Oil, and love the fact that it is considered VERY safe to use by the Skin Deep website! After using the Emu Oil for over a year now, I have really noticed great things happen to my skin, such as less fine lines and better texture!